Welcome to our SEND law blog.
As Special Educational Needs Lawyers, we hope to keep you informed of developments in special educational needs law, relevant decisions by the Local Government Ombudsman, decisions of the Upper Tribunal, as well as share our thoughts on the state of things from time to time.
General information about special educational needs law can be found on our website including information about:
- tips on how to identify special educational needs
- the legal timetable that the Local Authority must follow when a request is made for an Education Health and Care Needs Assessment
- whether you have to participate in mediation with the Local Authority
- what you can do if the Local Authority refuses to issue a plan or the plan is inadequate
- what an expert witness is and what their role is in the proceedings
- whether or not you can choose any school for your child
- whether the Local Authority has to provide school transport
- secondary transfers
- post-16 transfers
- higher education
- what disability discrimination is, and
- what Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) is.
We have also provided links to relevant special educational needs legislation and other SEND links.
We also run a free email newsletter service where we provide updates. We promise not to sell your details and do not intend to send more than four newsletters a year.
We can help with obtaining EHC needs assessments and EHCPs (Education Health and Care Plans).
We offer a free initial 30 minutes consultation to discuss how we can help.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us.